Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Corny portraits - grade 3


Spring has sprung, and I am feeling inspired to start Spring-ing up my projects! I saw this drawing on ffffound.com, and used it as inspiration for a grade 3 Spring art project.

I love doing different types of self portraits, and with the success of my snowflake project (the kids loved them) i thought it would be fun to do a Spring version.

I find these absolutely adorable. I thought for a while about what medium to use for them, and I'm happy that I went with watercolors. They have a nice, soft look to them that's perfect for the season.

The only problem with this post is that I took the pictures with my phone instead of my good camera. If I have time this week, I'll swap out these photos with some good ones - the colors are much brighter in person!









I find these so adorable, probably one of the cuter projects I've ever done!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best! These are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much fun! The hallway outside my classroom has been decorated with Catching Snowflakes artwork since January. I've been looking for a way to do something similar with a spring twist.

    Thanks for so readily sharing all of your students' works of art!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...