Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Egpytian glue portraits


Sorry for the absence! I've been sick for the better part of the past week, and with that came a pounding headache and light sensitivity. The last thing I wanted to do was spend time editing photos for my blog! I have so many projects to get to, though.

Here's a fun project I did with my grade 5's.They are currently studying ancient Egypt, and I wanted to do a portrait study with them.

Students used a computer period to do a study of ancient Egyptian profile portraits. They sketched out an idea that they were happy with, and then we did a guided draw of the facial details once we were back in class.

Once students had finished their drawing (in pencil), they used glue to outline their drawings. The next day, they used chalk pastels to fill them in. The finishing touch was a few jewels, which they glued on as accessories. They're beautiful!!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...