Thursday, July 18, 2013

Art camp - Sharpie doodle art!

Here's another quick update from the world of art camp. I am three weeks in and it's going so well! Only six days left.

There's an artist I really love, over at ihopethismakesyouhappy.com, who does incredible Sharpie paint drawings (see some here.) I just love them, and thought they would make excellent inspiration for an art camp project!

We do this project on Friday mornings, as it's really simple, calming, and takes up a good chunk of the morning. Kids are always really happy with the results!

To get them looking their best, I have students research the original artist, and talk about what makes his artwork so appealing (the variety in shapes, the thick black contrasted against color, etc.) Then, they divide their paper into shapes, and color them in using a pallet of 5-6 colors. After that, they use a combination of thick and thin Sharpies to make their doodles. Beauty!











You really should check out this artist's work. I have no clue who he is, but his style is awesome and there's so much to inspire art projects!

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I think I want to make a couple for my house! Thanks for the inspiration (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arts are what make us most human, most complete as people. The arts cannot be learned through occasional or random exposure any more than math or science can.

    Arts and Education

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... It make me wanna post it to my wall. Nice one... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...