Tuesday, October 11, 2011

DIY Pencil and paintbrush containers

I wouldn't call this the most exciting DIY I've ever done, but since school has started, I don't have a ton of time to do the crafts I'd like. I needed something to store paintbrushes and pencils in, so I went to the dollar store and found these:
 
For obvious reasons, I decided that they needed to be made over. I resisted the urge to get out spray paint (my goto for everything) and instead used some scrapbooking paper I had sitting around.
I started off by tracing the containers to make 4 identical pattern pieces. 
Then I glued them on.
 
After, I taped down the corners (impossibly hard to do without getting dog hair on the tape, but I finally managed.)
Finally, I made some labels on Photoshop and printed them out, and voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...