Friday, December 2, 2011

Gradient blended snowmen - grade 5/6

Another FAVORITE project?! I need to stop. This was just the best project though. I found the idea here while browsing Pinterest. We had a little snow this morning, so I was in the mood for SNOWMEN! These ones are particularly good because they really demonstrate value. We did a lesson on sketching, blending, and drawing circles. Then, I gave my students chalk pastels, and let them have at it!

They started by sketching the circles, then colored in all of the white. Once they were finished with the white, they added the blue, colored in the shadow, and brought their snowman to life.

These look so good!
I was so happy with how they turned out that I ended up doing them with another class as well, instead of the project I was originally planning. Nothing like a last minute switch when you find the perfect project!



I want to put so many things in the art show, I'm having a lot of trouble just picking one thing per student!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...