Sunday, January 20, 2013

Winter snow homes - grade 1/2

These past few weeks, we've gotten LOTS of snow, which is clearly now at the forefront of most kids minds. I wanted to do an art project with my grade 1/2's that was wintery and snow related. I found this adorable lesson online, which I decided to give a try. This was a really good project for the basic skills - cutting, gluing, and painting. The neatest part was seeing how they measured the triangle roofs relative to the shape of the house - they all had their own strategy to make the triangles "fit" to the roofs. I really love how these turned out! They're beautiful, and perfect for the season.

 




These took 2 classes of 40 minutes to make. Super cute!!


7 comments:

  1. Bonjour/salut from a QC neighbour!

    I love the way the snow on the rooftops came out. I'm pinning this one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour, je suis a la recherche des encres à l'alcool Adirondaks . Impossible de les trouver à Québec . Pouvez-vous m'aider? Merci
    France

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work. Horseshoe Bay custom home design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work. Horseshoe Bay custom home design

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you connected jason momoa pink jacket to winter snow homes! Just like his bold jacket keeps him warm and stands out, igloos and log cabins do the same by providing warmth and protection in the cold. It's fun to think about how both people and animals create their own cozy spaces to survive winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...