Friday, April 19, 2013

Unity/collaborative art - snakes! Grades 4/5


One of my favorite projects so far this year was the collaborative crayon art that I did with my grade 5/6 class. They were a huge success, and I really wanted to do something similar with my grade 4/5 group. I thought about what shape would work for a long, collaborative piece and finally came up with... snakes!w

I followed the exact same procedure as I did last time, except for this project, I gave students a tracer for the head only. With the crayons, it was more important that the shapes all be consistent, but since Snakes come in many different shapes and sizes, I figured the students would be fine to create the body shapes on their own.

These projects are unfortunately impossible to photograph, but rest assured, it looks absolutely beautiful in the classroom!

I have many, many updates I am going to try and get underway this weekend.. I'm so behind, and have so much I'd like to share!






2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job! This reminds me of a game called "HISS" that my kids like to play, but this is much more complex. Love the idea of a collaborative piece and this one is so colorful. Thank you for posting! Mrs. P @ createartwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea! I'm going to have a go with my class tomorrow, but instead of snakes I'm going to have my students draw around their own and each other's hands and arms. So excited for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...