Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My classroom!

I'm finally done setting up my room for the year! I am really pleased with how it turned out, so I thought I would share.

First, a few stats on my classroom:
  • Grade 5/6 split
  • French immersion
  • 30 students
  • 22 of them I had last year, 8 are from another class
This is the view when you walk into my classroom:Class store, banner, etc.:Art mural that my students made last year:
Our library/reading area (last year my students and I painted and assembled that chair as a group) Those cords will be staple gunned to the wall by Friday: A small part of my library:
This is the other side of the library, my desk:
More of my desk (it will never be this clean again):
What I see when I'm sitting at my desk:
Students desks (some of them):
Closeup of the mural on the board (will do another one beside it with this years class):
Past my desk, more books:
Sink area:
The game I made for them to play when they've finished their homework for the week (called Meadow-Land, obviously after Candy Land):

Where I sit and teach:
The view from my black bench:

And that's it! It's a great room, a great space, and I can't wait to fill it up with kiddies in a few days!!

Take care,
aly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...