Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Grade 3 sock monkeys!

Here's an adorable art project I did with my grade 3's! I found this photo on Pinterest, naturally, which I used as inspiration to do the project.

First, I showed students how to draw the monkey. They used Sharpies to draw onto old dictionary pages (I'd like to say this was purely a stylistic choice, but the reality is, I've run out of drawing paper in my classroom.) Once they were finished, they used tempera pucks to paint in the bodies. Finally, they were allowed to use buttons, scrap paper, crepe paper, and anything else they could find to decorate their little monkeys! Once they were done that, they glued their monkeys to a sheet of red paper, and colored in a background. Very cute results! Took 2 40 minute periods.






2 comments:

  1. Really nice!! I've been seeing a lot of drawing/painting on the printed page lately - it's so effective, I'll have to give it a go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming! I love the look of the tempera cakes on the printed paper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...