Monday, October 1, 2012

Texture llamas - grade 4/5

Just a quick update - life is hectic at the moment (selling our place & buying a new one!) so I haven''t had as much time to get down to the nitty gritty on my blog. That being said, I have a great project that I just did with my grade 4/5's, very simple for them but with amazing results!

I pinned this photo of llamas about two weeks ago, knowing that it would be perfect inspiration for a texture project. The kids seem to love llamas for some reason (I think they find the word funny) so they were really excited when I told them we were doing pop-art style textured llamas.

We did a group draw for the main shape of the llamas, then they were left on their own to color them in using oil pastels, using varying shades of the same colors to create texture on their drawings.

They spent 3 40 minute periods on these (but we do lose a ton of time to coming in in the morning, announcements, etc., so I would say 2 40 minute periods should be good.)







1 comment:

  1. Excellent, this are fabulous! Love the texture and lovely expressions on their faces :) Great for color and texture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...